Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Facebook

Hello! Today I want to talk about facebook. You know, the website that everyone uses to communicate with friends and people we once met, but also to spy on others people´s life! I have to admit it, the first years I had my facebook profile, I was very fond of it and used it all the time, reaching a point where I was on the profile of some strange person I hadn´t met or seen in my life!

Why is facebook so addictive? I think the reason is that you can spy on people´s life, see their photos and know what they´re doing. But, let´s be honest, everybody posts what is grate or important for them: they say when they´re in a restaurant, when somebody made a journey, when somebody is really happy... So everybody will think that they are so popular and they do grate stuff all the time. 

But it´s not real, it´s an illusion. I remember reading an article about a girl that pretended she had travelled somewhere. She told her family and friends she´d go for some time, so she dissapeared in her apartment, posted photos of her in the place (just a set in her living room or photoshop) and wrote on facebook whenever she was in some new place. And everybody believed it!! And when she told everybody it was fake, they were all like WTF, I saw the photos! 

Now, I use facebook mostly for university stuff and to talk to my friends, but I have to admit I still log in everytime I´m in a computer. I wish I didn´t need it. I admire my boyfriend, who close it because he realized that it´s just a big waste of time.

1 comment:

  1. I admire your boyfriend too! Facebook is funny, but we cross the line, and waste and waste and waste time!

    ReplyDelete